Translate

Thursday, May 2, 2013





Frisbees for Dogs

Paws for thought:  
When you’re ticked off and things get ruff,
get a new leash on life and have fun with a dog.
These Frisbees are sturdy and durable: Fun for a dog to catch.

They also have a handle-lip deep enough to play tug.
It is a very easy spiral pattern and can be made in about an hour.
You can personalize the Frisbee with the dog’s name
or add appliques like bones or paw prints.
So go fetch your hook and yarn and ruff one out in no time.
Enjoy!

Materials:
2 balls WW 100% cotton yarn  (Total about 125 yds for one Frisbee)
    OR nylon cord #18 (See pattern notes)
6.5mm / K hook
Large yarn needle

Abbreviations:
Ch = Chain
Dec = Decrease by crocheting 2 single crochets as one
Inc = Increase with 2 single crochets into one stitch
Rnd = Round
Sc = Single Crochet
Ss = Slip Stitch
FO = Fasten Off

US Terminology
Gauge: not critical

Size: about 8” in diameter


Pattern Note:
I made one for my daughter’s dog.
He was quite a chewer.
It ended up in shreds.
On the other hand, my dad’s dog loved it and took it to bed at night.

I did make one with a nylon cord #18, which was much stronger and worked better.
Not sure if I added that to the pattern notes.


Frisbee:
Rnd 1: Hold 2 strands tog:  
Ch 11, join to the first ch to form a ring.  18 Sc in the ring.  

Note:  Do not join.  Work in Spiral.  Mark beginning stitch of each round. (18)

Rnd 2: (Sc 2, Inc) around. (24)
Rnd 3: (Sc, Inc, Sc 2) around. (30)
Rnd 4: (Sc 3, Inc, Sc) around. (36)
Rnd 5: (Inc, Sc 5) around. (42) 
Rnd 6: (Sc 3, Inc, Sc 3) around. (48) 
Rnd 7: (Sc, Inc, Sc 6) around. (54) 
Rnd 8: (Sc 8, Inc) around. (60) 
Rnd 9: (Sc 5, Inc, Sc 4) around. (66) 
Rnd 10: (Sc 2, Inc, Sc 8) around. (72)
Rnd 11: Sc even around. (72)
Rnd 12: (Sc 4, Dec) around. (60)
Rnd 13: (Sc, Dec, Sc 2) around. Ss in next 3 sts.  FO and weave in. (48)
                                            



P Perkins 2010

3 comments:

  1. What a great pattern; thank you! :). :)

    Lee Ann
    Http://crochetgottaloveit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern. Thanks so much. I had purchased a more complex pattern for a frisbee that kept giving me trouble, but yours was so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying the pattern.
      I am so glad to hear that you didn't have any problems.
      I try to make my directions clear.

      One thing to note about the Dog Frisbee:
      I made one for my daughter’s dog, and he was quite a chewer.
      It ended up in shreds.
      On the other hand, my dad’s dog loved it and took it to bed at night.

      I did make one with a nylon cord #18, which was much stronger and worked better.
      Not sure if I added that to the pattern notes.

      Thanks again for your kind words.
      Pan

      Delete